Tuesday, September 24, 2024

I - Fall Colors - Home / Hwy 67

 


Song:  The Rain, The Park and Other Things

Group:  The Cowsills


I played this song over and over...
almost the whole of the day.

It fit the beautiful mid 60 degree and sunny day.

The combination of autumn air...
and the colorful scenery left me light hearted.


------------------- 




The two above pictures was of the sunset from the third floor deck...last evening.

I had to catch some sleep shortly after I took the above photos...

since I was driving my younger sister to the airport at 0200 hrs.

She had helped a lot...

especially taking the last half of my drive from Reno, Nevada

to my home in the Rockies of Colorado.


------------

After getting back early in the morning...
I slept until noon...
and picked up many more packages from the post office...
and I then began my autumn drive starting from just fifteen minutes from home
on Hwy 67 (it is famous for the fall colors along its route).


I left my home near 2 PM.

This is just after I left my driveway.


This beautiful view is just after the first turn down the street...
 a little ways from home.


I am continuing down the street...
and so...
down the mountainside.









This is the road leading to the closest town...
which is but five minutes or so...
once I hit the road at the base of the mountain.




This is on the far side of town...
and is near the beginning of Hwy. 67.

It takes me but 15 minutes to reach here...
the beginning of a colorful drive to the major town I often go to.

Hwy 67 is actually an alternate route to the major town...
although I usually take the more direct route.

I will take that route on the way back after today's drive.



The beginning of Hwy 67...
it is just in my backyard...so to speak.

For most of these photos...
I am shooting one handed as I drive.

As such...
I am guesstimating the photo composition.

Many are out the front windshield...
but some are out the side window as I drive.

There are a few where I pulled over to get some shots...
but the majority are quick snapshots as I drove.


































The following ten shots...
I had pulled off the road and took the photos.












Back on the road here.




































I am nearing the major town here.

The next article will be of my drive to Colorado Springs and back.




4 comments:

  1. Lovely ….. CO is so fresh and feels like freedom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very nice, and the Hwy entrance is just 15 minutes away, and the scenery starts right away. But, to my surprise, I got loads of color just in my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so soothing. I was up at over 10,000 feet as the road slowly descended to 8,500.

    ReplyDelete

III - The Broadmoor 7 Falls - Our Walk Back

  Song:  Goodbye Blue Sky Group:  Pink Floyd This is the outside portion of the restaurant at the base of the falls. This is the pond with r...