Tuesday, September 24, 2024

II - Colorado Springs and Back Home

 


Song:  I Love You

Group:  Climax Blues Band

This is the other song I kept playing over and over 
during my drive to Colorado Springs and back.

Yes...I sang it over and over...
and no...
I can't sing well...
but...
as only Bandi could hear me singing in the car...
I sang it loudly and proudly.  :)

The whole of my drive...
I had the windows down.

The refreshing breeze was so enticing.

It just begged me to sing.  :)


This is just the other side of the major town near me...
on my way to Colorado Springs.

The whole of the drive is so scenic...
from home to Colorado Springs...
and back.

I just take in the scenery and listen to music.

What a dream living in Colorado is.
















Colorado Springs was just minutes away from this point...
so I turned around and headed back.


On my way home.

You know...
when the scenery is so beautiful...
the air so fresh...
and the music so good...
it just makes the whole day beautiful.

I am so happy everyday.























A llama farm.
They sell llama wool, yarn, and spinning accessories.


The country gas station I fill up at.
The pumps operate 24/7.










Entering my neighborhood.








Heading up the mountainside towards home.












I am parked at home...
and looking out to the street.






I am on the far side of my home...
looking towards the front of the home.


I am on the side near the rear of the house.


Bandi enjoying her yard.




I was walking along the rear of the house.
My car is parked on the upper driveway.
I do this to unload the car whenever I have groceries or packages.

The lower driveway leads to the 2 car garage.




I took this and the following two pictures from the 2nd floor deck.



Although the Aspens are just turning color...
very soon they will all be a luminescent yellow.


I took these from the rear of the house.





I have many packages to unwrap and put away.


One of four different doggie beds I have for Bandi.

This one in the great room...
one in the loft...
one in my bedroom (Bandi sleeps there with me)...
and one I keep in the car so Bandi may rest whenever she wishes
on our car rides (she goes with me everywhere...she loves riding in the car).


A partial view of what I see from the loft...
where I had set up the computer.


The loft door leading to the 3rd floor deck.


The rest of the photos I took from the 3rd floor deck.







I had a full day today.

I will be going to bed early tonight.

I have so much unpacking to do.

I will be doing that the rest of tomorrow.








6 comments:

  1. I definately would like to visit the Llama farm. Such beauty speaks to the soul. After spending a couple of months at your younger sisters place, I am sure Bandi was wondering if she was being dumped. Now, she is back with her true owner .... with 4 beds and 2 1/2 acres to call her own. Doggie heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would. I haven't been inside, but I imagine it is an elderly lady running it, as it has spinning supplies, and young women generally don't have an interest in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oddly, I love being a senior with the freedom to make my own fabrics, yarn, clothes, and various handmade items. I know how much love went into them and treasure the ability to offer them to others for their comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are truly our golden years of life. Being retired may be summed up in one word...Freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a truly serene place! You are living out your dream! And I can see that Bandi loves it there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so perfect for me here. I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete

III - The Broadmoor 7 Falls - Our Walk Back

  Song:  Goodbye Blue Sky Group:  Pink Floyd This is the outside portion of the restaurant at the base of the falls. This is the pond with r...