Sunday, September 22, 2024

Misty Mountains

 


Song:  Beautiful

Artist:  Christine Aguilera



Last night it had begun to rain...
and just before I went to bed...
there was a light sprinkling of snow.

When I had awakened this morning...
all I saw were the mountains and trees covered in a wind blown mist.

It was beautiful.



My younger sister and I had a pot pie each for breakfast.

I still must do some major food shopping...
but for the meantime...
frozen dinners will do.

The other morning...
just down in front of my home...
my younger sister had spotted a family of deer
(she didn't have a camera).



This was this morning's view out one of the front windows.


This is out of the window in the kitchen just behind the sink...
so, as the dishes are being washed...
one may either look out this window...
or out the large windows at the front of the house.


This window is just to the right of the kitchen bar.


This is a look out one of the bedroom windows.


This is the same bedroom but looking out the bay windows.

Both 2nd story bedrooms are mirrored of each other.


This is the octagonal window on the 3rd floor loft.


These are the windows on one end of the loft.


This is the loft looking forward.

There is also a windowed door to the right...
which leads to the 3rd floor deck.

I placed the computer desk to the very front and left of this picture.



I am using the space for the computer.
I may enjoy outside views just by turning my head.

I still have much unpacking and purchasing of furniture ahead of me...
but it is all exciting.



As you can see...
the mist is still on the mountains...
and everything is very serene.

Bandi immediately felt at home here.

She loves all of the country drives to town.

Last night...
she ate leftover BBQ.

As we drive...
Bandi loves sticking her head out the window.

Down the mountain...
and a few miles down the road...
there are some horses and llamas at different points along the way to town.

I have been doing a lot of shopping...
in person...
as well as on line.

I will have many packages arriving at the post office...
where I will have to pick them up.

On one of my orders...
I bought a hand cart to haul many packages at once...
from the post office to my car.

It is from my computer in this loft that I will continue
my music and writing.


I love the freedom here...
and the surreal nature of the mountains as the weather changes.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful view from every window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very surreal and unique experience. I am wondering about the first deep snowfall.

    ReplyDelete

III - The Broadmoor 7 Falls - Our Walk Back

  Song:  Goodbye Blue Sky Group:  Pink Floyd This is the outside portion of the restaurant at the base of the falls. This is the pond with r...