Thursday, August 6, 2026

An Italian Restaurant For A Lifetime

 


Song:  A Pillow Of Winds

Group:  Pink Floyd

As I had completed my window project a few hours earlier...
I decided to treat myself to a restaurant.

I played this song over and over...
as this beautiful day just made me so mellow
as I drove to Manitou Springs to satisfy a craving I had for Italian food.

I decided to try a new place...
and I was very glad I had.


Just after exiting my mountain ridge...
this small fox was just standing on the roadside...
cute.





I drove with all of the windows down...
 as I normally do...
but...
for some reason...
the summer breeze just felt extra serene today.

I just played the above song over and over as I let it take me away.

What a beautiful day.
What a beautiful drive.


This particular Italian restaurant is just 10 minutes up the highway
from my other favorite Italian restaurant...
except this one is more rustic and inexpensive.
The other Italian restaurant has my favorite Italian dish
(Shrimp and Scallop Fettuccini)...
while this one doesn't.

I will be going to this restaurant for Chicken Parmesan...
Pizza...
and I've got to try their hot Italian sandwiches in the future.


I love this place.




They have one of my favorite appetizers...
battered mushrooms with Ranch dip.


This meal of Chicken Parmesan had two large chicken breasts...
spaghetti...
and two bread sticks.

It was so good...
and it was served in a man sized portion.


I also just had to try a slice of their cheese pizza...
which was absolutely fantastic
(I will be trying some of their many toppings in the future).

This pizza had everything going for it...perfect:
crust...
sauce...
and cheese.

Everything was in perfect proportion...
and the spices used made this one of the best pizzas I have ever had.

From now on...
whenever I want a perfect pizza...
I will be going there.

I now have two excellent Italian restaurants to return to...
for the rest of my life.





-----------


I took the above picture from my computer station in my bedroom.

The sun was just setting as I began typing up this article.

-------------

A little while ago...
a quick thunder shower rolled in...
with hail.

And although it had only lasted half an hour or so...
it was still so nice...
as the air suddenly dropped in temperature...
and the wind picked up.

I just lay on my bed and enjoyed the pitter patter of the hail and raindrops.

-----------

Today was such a mellow day...
and everything just seemed to be in the flow.

Tomorrow...
I will start another project...
but nothing too heavy...
or extensive.

I will just keep things light for a while...
as my back is still not fully healed.






2 comments:

  1. Nice to find another good Italian restaurant. Looks yummy!

    Great photo of the fox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was only the second time I had seen a fox close up...although, I have seen some from a distance.

    This restaurant had some delicious food. There are so many other dishes and sandwiches to try...as well as the various toppings on their excellent pizza. This rivaled the previous best pizza I had ever had...and that was in New York City.

    ReplyDelete

An Italian Restaurant For A Lifetime

  Song:  A Pillow Of Winds Group:  Pink Floyd As I had completed my window project a few hours earlier... I decided to treat myself to a res...