Song: The Eye Of The Dragonfly
Artist: Friedemann Witecka
I had started assembling the other three window blinds this midmorning...
and had finished everything by late morning.
I had emplaced the blinds...
and did a final test for complete darkness.
The only light in the room after closing the blinds...
was my power strip underneath the computer desk.
Once I stood back to take a full room picture...
it was pitch black.
I then set about modifying my portable air conditioner window mounting bracket...
as I had been using it on a much larger window.
I used these snips to cut into part of the heavy duty plastic...
and I then snapped the unused part off.
I then used Gorilla Tape to create light blocking wings on each side of the bracket...
as the plastic bracket needed to be small enough to fit inside the blind frame...
and then be able to spread out to fit the window frame beyond...
and so...
as these tape wings were flexible...
it fit perfectly.
Just give a man some basic tools...
and especially...
some thick duct tape...
and he will be able to fix or modify about anything around the house :)
Although I won't need this air conditioning unit for much of the year...
as the air conditioning window bracket is easily removed...
I can just then roll my portable air conditioning unit to the inside of my closet
when not in use.
Again...
it is only because I am nocturnal that I would even need an air conditioning unit...
as I will close all the windows and the blackout blinds during my sleeping hours
throughout most of the day...
and 65 F (18.3 C) is the temperature I feel most comfortable during sleep
(but usually anywhere between 60 F and 65 F - I am quite comfortable).
As you can see...
there is still plenty of room at my computer station with the chair in place.
As I have been trying to sleep at night...
most of the time I still end up staying up until almost morning...
and then with the old blinds still allowing a glow of daylight into the room...
I have not been sleeping well...
and so...
for much of the day...
I have been tired.
But now...
I will be able to sleep in great comfort until I naturally awaken
(my natural sleep cycle is from sometime after sunrise...
until not too long before sunset).
I still have a ton of projects to complete...
but...
I will just take them one at a time...
and a little each day.
I had gotten behind on my projects due to illness and injury...
but now...
I am back in the flow...
just where I like to be.












No comments:
Post a Comment