Song: Crazy
Artist: Seal
As I have done all I could to rectify the missing passport situation for now...
I decided to get started on installing the blackout blinds in my bedroom.
As there are four windows in my bedroom...
there are four separate packages.
I put them on the kitchen bar to just open the packages
and then lay out the parts on the great room floor.
The white side of the blinds face outwards...
...while the black side faces inwards.
I had first tested the smoothness of the draw...
and to ensure the latching mechanism worked flawlessly.
I then laid out the initial light stripping
(the second compression/light stripping would come afterwards).
As I was getting hungry...
I took a small meal break.
I had leftover rice...
so I just warmed it up along with some unagi.
I then quickly ate before resuming my work on the first blind.
I had to install the first light seal next to the outer edge of the frame
to allow room for the second light / compression seal next to the inner edge of the frame.
There is a light proof fabric standing between the two rows of bristles
of the first light seal.
The first seal was completed in this photo.
The second seal had to first be separated before I could use it.
You can see the installed second light / compression seal on the right.
The rubber compression seal is on the inside facing frame...
so as to be protected from the sun's UV light...
and so...
the reason for the first light seal.
I had finally covered all sides of the frame...
and made the joining cut.
This is my bedroom side window with the blackout blind installed...
but in its fully retracted position.
It compacts to such a narrow bunch at the top...
that it doesn't block any of the view.
It will stay in any position along the length of its draw.
(The window is smudged because Bandi loves putting her nose on the glass).
This is the blackout blind in its fully extended position.
It latches into place...
but is easily retracted using the bottom handle.
It blocks out all light...
and is compression fit so it stays snugly in place
without having to use any hardware attaching it to the window frame.
The company name is Guard...
and they offer the perfect solution to having a blacked out room for day sleepers.
I am so happy with these blinds.
-----------
I am going to finish the other three windows in the morning...
as I am now comfortably tired.
Once all of the blinds are installed...
I will be able to sleep at any time of the day.
I will have to make some modifications to fit in an air conditioner
to one of the small windows...
as...
although the outside temperature rarely gets up into the high 70s F...
and usually much lower...
just my body heat alone will raise my room temperature
into the high 60s F as I will have all the windows closed
when I draw down the blinds.
If the temperature gets above 65 F...
I cannot sleep comfortably.
But...
more on that tomorrow.





















No comments:
Post a Comment