Sunday, September 27, 2026

Movie Night On The Sofa

 


Song:  Blue Cafe

Group:  The Style Council


Last night was the first time I had tried out the sofa.

I was so surprised at the comfort level of this sofa...
as it is so firm in structure...
and yet...
so plush.

My body was fully supported without it feeling hard...
and yet...
the sofa allowed my body to feel as if I were floating on a cloud.

It will easily allow at least two people to fully stretch out...
as it is deceptively large.

And...
yes...
after having watched until after 6 AM...
I had found myself nodding off in the heavenly comfort of this sofa.

The super dense foam used is the reason for its premium feel...
and why it is so heavy.



This is like a large circular bed...
as two people can easily and fully stretch out and sleep upon it.


I am going to cover the sofa with a comforter before I eat anything during a movie.

I will also be ordering a food and drink caddy for extended movie viewing 
from a fully reclined position.


I had...
at first...
watched various travel YouTube Videos.


I was in a fully reclined position...
with my head lying upon the pillows.

Had I wanted to...
I could have pulled my body up and supported my upper back on the pillows 
for a more upright posture...
but I found that being fully reclined
 was the perfect position to enjoy movies and shows for many hours at a time.




A fantasy setting.


I then watched the movie...
Groundhog Day.

And for the rest of the night until early morning...
I just watched various YouTube videos.

However...
as I was so comfortable...
as soon as I started nodding off...
I went upstairs to my bedroom for some proper sleep...
for I knew if I didn't go immediately...
I would have just slept on the sofa.

-------------

I just ordered a two pack of this...in bed food and drink caddy.
They will arrive in a couple of days.

It will be perfect for my popcorn and drinks as I lazily watch movies...
while in a fully reclined position on the sofa.




These will fully contain any accidental spills...
and to ensure crumbs or pieces of popcorn will not fall onto the sofa.
I will also have a comforter on top of the sofa whenever I eat or drink anything.

With the addition of these caddies...
the home theater will then be complete.

------------

I am excited by the thought of my new camera and lens arriving tomorrow.

So long as they arrive early enough in the day...
I will be walking around our property and taking pictures with the camera set up...
and even if not...
then surely on the next day.

The Nikon Z 7 II with the premium Nikon S series  24-120 mm zoom lens
will finally allow me to take extraordinary pictures on our future trips around the world.

This will also allow me to have my favorite shots enlarged...
and with the crystal clarity worthy of being enlarged.

This particular camera and lens is considered to be a premium set up
for landscape photography in particular...
although its features will allow for all types of high quality shots...
and for all types of scenarios...
including in very low light.

I must get myself familiarized with this set up before our travels...
as this will be the first time I have ever had such a high end camera.

And...
as this will also be the largest camera set up I have ever had...
I also ordered a chest strap for the camera...
along with extra battery compartments on the chest rig.

This way I can walk around with my hands free...
but with the camera secure...
while still being readily accessible.

---------

My wife is almost done scheduling our upcoming trip to Japan.

She has booked various hotels and tours for each of the various locations
to be visited.

We have a couple of night tours scheduled...
as well as many day tours...
some by train or bus...
and some by boat...
including a night boat dinner and skyline ride on Kobe Bay
(we will also be staying in a hotel on an island in Kobe Bay...
Rokko Island...for a couple of nights).

As we will be traveling to many places in Japan...
we will be traveling by air or train from location to location...
but without rushing anywhere.

My wife is scheduling our vacation with our comfort in mind...
so we will never have to feel rushed.

On some of our sightseeing...
we will just freestyle it...
such as for various temples in Kyoto...
and with one in particular...
we will visit during the day and night...
as it is famous for its Fall colors...
as well as for being beautifully lit at night.

---------

So...
I expect tomorrow I will take many shots of...
and with...
my new camera.

-------------

My wife had just made me a super delicious meal.

I don't remember ever having had Sea Bass before...
but it tastes just like trout!

My wife had made the sea bass in two different styles...
one was in the French way 
(lightly floured and pan fried with salt and pepper)...
and one in a Mediterranean way (pan fried with various herbs).

I loved both ways...
and I especially loved how she had heated up freshly sliced garlic cloves
in the olive oil to infuse the oil with a light garlic flavor...
and then she put the resulting crisp fried garlic slices on the fish
just before serving.

It had a light garlic and nutty flavor without being pungent...
and so...
had added so much flavor and texture to the meal.

She had also made me an avocado and green salad...
with some miso eggs on top.

I used the spicy Yuzu and Kosho salad dressing...
and it went perfectly with it.



I also had a couple of warmed up tortillas with hummus...
which I just love as an accompaniment with many of my meals.


After having eaten much of my first batch of fish...
my wife put the rest of the fish on my plate
(5 slices of fish in total).

I just love my wife's cooking.

I am eating things I have never had before...
but absolutely love eating...
besides it being the most healthful way of eating.

I am a caveman cook in comparison.


This was the bag of sea bass.

They come in one pound bags...
and so...
whether it be trout or sea bass...
a one pound bag is just right for one meal for me.


And...
this is one of my favorite dressings.

It is available online from Asian markets.

It is a must try...
as it has a unique and delicious flavor...
with a nice hot pepper kick to it.

--------

Do not live in fear or dread.

And...
especially don't try to assuage your fear or dread
through mind games or drugs of any type.

We are all going to die.
Allow this certainty to flavor life in a positive manner.

Eat delicious food...
do the things you have always wished you could...
get the things you always wished you could have...
live life fully...
for without doing so...
you will have wasted it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Night On The Sofa

  Song:  Blue Cafe Group:  The Style Council Last night was the first time I had tried out the sofa. I was so surprised at the comfort level...