Song: America
Artist: Neil Diamond
Since today was clear...
my wife and I went up to the top of Pikes Peak.
The drive to the entrance near the bottom of Pikes Peak is under an hour away from home.
The drive up was beautiful...
and many an Autumn color was near their peak.
The temperature was in the low 40s F (about 5 C).
The wind was mild...
and so...
it was perfectly comfortable.
Many of the walkways were under the snow...
but people just made paths over it.
We made our way around the perimeter...
slowly making our way to the visitor center.
Manitou Springs....
and Colorado Springs are in the distance.
This is where the Cog Rail comes from Manitou Springs.
It is the only mode of transportation that reaches the top in Winter...
when there is deep snow or ice.
We are going back to Pikes Peak later this Winter using the cog rail.
We ate at the Summit Cafe.
The Cog Rail is in the background.
Pikes Peak is said to have been the inspiration of the woman
who had penned the song...
America the Beautiful.
Cripple Creek is visible in the background...
and try as I had...
I couldn't locate our neighborhood...
as we are four miles North of Cripple Creek in the mountains.
In the next blog...
I will have our descent of Pikes Peak...
and some beautiful views of Pikes Peak from different perspectives.
.jpeg)
























































No comments:
Post a Comment