Sunday, September 6, 2026

150" Movie Screen Assembled (11 feet wide - 335 cm)

 


Song:  Theme To The Mod Squad





Just before noon...
my wife made grilled salmon...
and gave me some gobo and veggies...
miso soup...
and a large bowl of Natto
(It kept me filled all day).


I decided today I would assemble the 150" movie screen (as measured diagonally)...
(the three laser Ultra Short Throw movie projector...
and the small table upon which it will sit...
will arrive in a few days).


As the fully assembled screen will span over 11 feet wide...
the components had to be shipped in portions half that length...
and then customer assembled using supporting brackets.





After unpacking the rails...
I began to assemble them into the frame.


I had two mid rail connectors...
one for the top long rail...
and one for the bottom.






I then slid attachment components into the rails for later wall and tensioning attachments.


I then had to slide in angle supports on each corner of the frame...


...and attach them.


After assembling the frame...


...I stood it up against a wall to make room to unroll the screen...
but before I did that...
my wife carefully vacuumed the floor...
as I would have to unroll the screen front side down to complete the assembly.

As you can see...
the frame comes with a 2" black velvet border to absorb light spillover from the screen.



My wife then helped insert the fiberglass tensioning rods into each of the side screen pockets.


I then had to partially attach the screen to the corners of the frame...
but before I could finish attaching the screen...
I first had to install a frame compression crossbar
to ensure the frame remained rigid in the center portion.


I then finished stretching out the screen by attaching it to the frame...
ensuring there were no wrinkles in the screen.


I then stood the completed screen up against a wall until I got
a new stud finder with a laser emitting level indicator
(all of the old type of stud finders had never worked for me...
as no matter how I held them...
or where I had placed them on a wall...
they would always just point back at me....
... :)

Our movie projector...
a small projector stand...
and the stud finder / level...
will all arrive in a few days...
and so...
I can do nothing more right now...
except...
I am thinking of moving my recliner to this room so I may enjoy 
my Japanese and Korean Dramas immediately upon mounting the frame...
at least until we buy more furniture
(we will eventually have at least two recliners in this room...
or a large viewing sofa).

---------

Having a home movie theater has always been a dream of mine.

Although I don't watch TV much...
I very much enjoy Asian Dramas...
and certain movies and TV series.

And so...
I will soon be able to enjoy watching them as if I were in a movie theater...
complete with a very comfortable recliner from which to view them...
and a kitchenette in which I may easily make popcorn...
and keep drinks ice cold.

My wife enjoys certain Asian Dramas...
TV series and movies...
but I have a feeling I will be using this room far more often.

And...
as this will still be our main guest room...
we just packed away the airbed and the pillows and comforters
into the very large closet near the Finnish Sauna...
until we actually have guests.

Our guests will be sure to enjoy watching TV or movies in great comfort...
and even from their bed.



4 comments:

  1. Wow! That room is naturally insulated from the rest of the house so that if you were watching movies it would not disturb others or they you! Perfect room for it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is another refuge from the craziness of the world. I know I will love the immersiveness of the experience.

      Delete
  2. That is a giant screen! It will feel like being in a movie theater! I am not familiar with projection systems but am assuming that they play blu ray and dvds, is that right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not only that, were I a gamer, it is also a perfect platform for that as well. It comes with full internet connectivity, and so, to the various streaming services, as well as hookups to various media players. It also has its own 50W speakers with Atmos capabilities and it also has iMax movie capabilities. It is specifically made to project onto up to 150" screens as well. So, there will be no distortion or washout due to the extra large screen.

      Delete

150" Movie Screen Assembled (11 feet wide - 335 cm)

  Song:  Theme To The Mod Squad Just before noon... my wife made grilled salmon... and gave me some gobo and veggies... miso soup... and a l...