Saturday, September 12, 2026

New Flavorful Dishes / A Peaceful Sunset

 


Song:  Stars

Artist:  Helen Jane Long


The other day...
my wife made a daikon sprout salad...



...Leek, Egg, Tofu, and Shrimp soup...


...with bread and hummus...
and tsukemono on the side...
 for me to eat.

The leek, egg, tofu, and shrimp soup was the main meal...
and as it was loaded with leek, eggs, shrimp, and tofu...
it was a full and delicious meal in and of itself.

I really loved the flavor of the soup...
as my wife had used Japanese chicken broth...
which has a delicate and more flavorful profile to it
than does the typical grocery store chicken broth.


I moved Bandi's great room bed down from the loft...
and she just loves to lie on it...
as she can fully stretch out...
and use the raised sides as a pillow at times.


Bandi is enjoying a Chewy.

I give her one of her collagen chew sticks for her to enjoy after she eats.

It not only serves to clean her teeth...
as they have the resistance of a rawhide chew stick...
but they are healthful and fully digestible...
and they have a baked in meat flavor which she just loves.

----------------


On the following day...
the Koji and Natto mixture had finished fermenting...
and I had some over rice
(extremely healthful for the gut).


And...
I had more leek, egg, tofu, and shrimp soup
(It is now my favorite soup).


And...
my wife made a spicy miso beef dish to accompany everything else.


As I had stuffed myself on this meal...
where I was going to finish up installing the movie screen 
and calibrate the movie projector...
I had instead...
just relaxed for the rest of the evening and fell asleep early...
as I knew I could just finish the entertainment room on the following day.


My wife had defrosted two packages of ground beef...
and so...
she made some curry beef for us to enjoy on the morrow.


As I was relaxing in bed...
I saw the sky turning amber...
and so...
I went up to the third deck to take some photos.


This was one of those perfect nights...
where the temperature and the mountain breeze was just right...
and the colors of the sunset were slowly transitioning from ambers to pinks...
and then fading gracefully.

Everything about this sunset was just so peaceful...
and coupled with my having had my fill of a delicious supper...
after viewing this beautiful sunset...
I just felt so relaxed and comfortable...
that I started to get drowsy.

And so...
instead of mounting the movie screen...
I just went to bed early
(Toller Time means I only do that which I wish to do...
and when I wish to do it :)










I was surrounded by the pinks of this sunset...
as Bandi and my wife joined me on the third deck until the colors faded.

So peaceful.

We are soon going to place a table and chairs out on the third deck...
as we drink peppermint tea and enjoy more beautiful sunsets...
and in greater comfort.

-----------

It is now the following day...
and I am going back down to the first floor entertainment room
to mount the movie screen...
and to set up the movie projector.

I will be taking photos of the set up...
and the subsequent calibration of the movie projector for the next article.

My wife is still unpacking her many boxes.

We will be going up Pikes Peak at another time...
as my wife wants to finish unpacking before going on any trips.







2 comments:

  1. Just like Bandi, you are living your dream life. Beautiful sunset…. Colorado delivers nature in such amazing expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is pure heaven here. I finished hanging the movie screen. I will now put together the projector table and I will then set up and calibrate the projector. Little by little...improvement by improvement...heaven becomes even more of a heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Home Theater Screen And Projector Installed

  Song:  Journey To The Magical Kingdom Group:  Future World Music Earlier today... I mounted the screen on the wall... and calibrated the p...