Thursday, September 24, 2026

Large Moose Tracks / Change Of Schedule

 


Song:  Godzilla

Group:  Blue Oyster Cult


My wife just told me earlier this evening about strange tracks on the road
that she had seen this morning as she was taking Bandi out to use the bathroom...
and just walking a short distance from the house.

Early in the mornings...
my wife takes Bandi out to use the bathroom...
and she often walks Bandi around the property...
and sometimes just a short way up or down the road.

I usually take Bandi on a run in the evenings...
for a much farther and faster run...
when the weather permits.

However...
from now on...
I will just take Bandi in the mornings with my wife.

I had figured that so long as my wife had not gone too far...
that she was safe...
but I will be her armed escort everywhere from now on.

These were the tracks of a large moose.

Moose can be extremely dangerous...
and unpredictable.

I will just have to change around my sleep schedule
and take Bandi out for all of her bathroom runs from now on.


My wife said that Bandi first brought the tracks to her attention
by sniffing at the prints on the road.


My wife hadn't thought to see where the tracks had terminated...
but the moose was headed up the road towards our home.

Any surprise encounter with any large animal can be very dangerous.

I always pay attention to any tracks everywhere I go...
but my wife is not nearly so used to paying attention to possible dangerous situations.

--------------

This early afternoon...
my wife had made a spicy shrimp and noodle dish using an Asian hot pepper...
which she had heated up in a skillet with olive oil and garlic...
whereupon she then seared some noodles and shrimp in the same pan...
and then made a small avocado salad for me.



This dressing is so good...
as it is quite spicy.


That pepper adds heat to the whole dish...
and some shaved Parmesan cheese on top really completes the dish.

In the future...
my wife plans to try making shrimp fettuccine
(Pasta and shrimp in a thick white sauce...my favorite).


And...
I also had my spicy pickles.

I am thinking of driving to Safeway tomorrow...
as they usually stock up just before the weekend...
and I wish to buy as many bags of Rainbow Trout from their frozen section as they have
(even if they have 20 bags...that is what I will get).

I plan to eat trout often...
as it is just so delicious and healthful.

I love trout prepared in a very simple way...
just floured and lightly pan fried in butter or olive oil...
and then salt and peppered.


My wife likes making veggie dishes for herself
using whatever veggies we happen to have.

She most often eats veggies...
but often adds tofu for protein...
and she will sometimes add fish as a side dish as well.


This was her salad...
as she continually makes daikon sprouts to put on all of her salads...
and she will often add in a sweet potato slice or two.

She will often add some nuts to her salads as well.

---------------

Although I still have to fluff the theater sofa...
and arrange the sofa top and pillows...
I am still worn out from our very long trip.

I will be doing that tomorrow...
or even the next day...
as I am just too tired to even watch any movies or dramas right now.

After I type this article up...
I think I will go into the Finnish sauna
to just allow the steam and heat to fully drain me...
and then take a nice cool shower...
as this should knock me out early 
so I may then rearrange my sleep schedule far more easily.

So...
tomorrow's mission is to get the car washed...
eat at the Mediterranean restaurant again
(I am looking forward to eating their beef plate...
and finishing up with another double espresso shake)...
and I will then buy as many bags of trout they have
at Safeway in Woodland Park.

I love stocking up on my favorite foods in the deep freeze...
so I may eat them at will.

---------

Living a simple life filled with delicious food...
 a plentiful amount of time to pursue personal passions...
travel...
as well as having a plentiful amount of leisure time...
is to have a wonderful ending to life.

The key to this lies in the word...
simplicity.

In retirement...
it is all about living life on your terms...
without societal or other obligations...
and fully chasing your passions...
as you have earned your "you" time.

You had given to others all of your life...
and now it is time to give to yourself...
without guilt...
without hesitation...
 with full abandonment...
and with the freedom of an eagle in flight.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Large Moose Tracks / Change Of Schedule

  Song:  Godzilla Group:  Blue Oyster Cult My wife just told me earlier this evening about strange tracks on the road that she had seen this...