Friday, October 11, 2024

I - The Broadmoor 7 Falls



Song: A Pillow of Winds

Group:  Pink Floyd


The Broadmoor 7 Falls is a must see for anyone...
anywhere near Colorado Springs.

It is located near Cheyenne and Sugarloaf Mountains...
and is just about an hour away from my home.

Bandi and I will be making future visits there as we both had a tremendous time.

If you go...
be sure you punch in the Broadmoor 7 falls PARKING LOT...
into your GPS or Maps app.

They are two different locations.

You will need to park at the parking lot and take the free shuttle to the park.

It is about a 10 minute ride in the shuttle.

They then drop you off...
and pick you up near the gate to the park.

From there, it is an incredibly scenic
and wonderfully easy walk to the base of the falls.

Your leashed dogs are welcome...
and there are numerous spots for your dog to drink from the fresh flowing stream
running alongside the paved road on which you will be walking.

There are bathrooms along the route...
as well as places to rest.

My guest, Bandi, and I had such a magical time here.


Bandi enjoying the shuttle ride.





We got dropped off...
and we then initiated our pleasurable walk into a heavenly adventure.

My guest, Bandi, and I loved our whole time there.


The people in charge of the park had done such a great job in making 
the walk one of pure pleasure.

Around every corner there were new and beautiful sights.













One of Bandi's drinking spots.

















Another drinking spot for Bandi.

The straps on my back are to hold my camera in front without hands.









Although the walk was only a mile...
and it was paved and not steep...
we decided to rest at a shaded picnic area for a short while
before continuing on.





This was a country store at the base of The Eagle's Nest.
It is an observation area where you have an eagle's eye view of much of the park.

You could either walk up the stairs...
or in the lower right of this picture...
you could walk a ways into the mountain to take the elevator to the top.

Guess which one we took?

I am just shy of 65.

I have no shame in taking the easy way...
I have earned the easy way in my older age.  :)


Bandi and I rested near the shop before going up to the Eagle's Nest.


Nope...we went to the right to take the elevator.


This is at the Eagle's Nest...
looking back at the elevator exit.




The gift shop is in the lower right corner of this photo.

To the left of it is a restaurant at the base of the falls.



As you can see...
as it is quite late in the season...
the falls are but a trickle.

However, this in no way detracted from the magic of this place.









This picture shows a shaded spot with numerous wooden rocking chairs...
for those of us who elect to see the beauty of the falls from the comfort 
of the chairs at the base of the falls.

My guest walked up the stairs while I sat and enjoyed the ambiance from the base.

In the next article...
it will cover more of the falls from my guest's point of view.









 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful park! I was not familiar with this before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Yuji...it is so beautiful. When you and your family come to visit, we shall go see it. It is so serene...so magnificent...I love it so much there. Especially that you can take leashed dogs there...it is perfect. I am going to try out the restaurant next time. I am sure I will often visit there. Bandi loved it as well. I will climb to the top of the falls, and walk to inspiration point next time as well. I will go on the earliest shuttle so I may just take my time. My guest also loved it there.

      I am having the time of my life just exploring the surrounding areas. I have my major shopping places all picked out now. They have a major Asian market, Trader Joe's, and Costco in Colorado Springs, and a Super Walmart and Safeway in a nearby town. I am still trying out different restaurants, and to my surprise, there are numerous Japanese restaurants in Colorado Springs. The two that I have been to are owned and run by Japanese natives, so the food is very good.

      There are other attractions nearby that I will frequent in the future. And, of course, I will explore the farther reaches of the state in time as well. I am still arranging my house. I will be adding pieces of furniture slowly sometime in the future. I have stocked up on food, actually, thousands of dollars worth, as I have an extra large deep freeze I filled with salmon, beef, chicken, as well as various packages of dishes to easily make from Trader Joe's (Mandarin chicken, Kung Pao Chicken, various mixed veggies...etc...as well as Ham Hocks from Walmart). I also had hundreds of pounds of kibble for Bandi, dried beans, and rice delivered to my door from Walmart. Life is good here. I have plenty of space for dried food storage near the kitchen...and room for literally tons of dried food storage in the downstairs storage room. By being prepared for a "Zombie Apocalypse", I won't have to worry about any lesser event. I have already made a large container of HOCA pickles, over a gallon jar of honey fermented garlic, and I will soon make Rocky Red Hots as soon as my other large jars arrive. For Kimchi, I just buy from Amazon, as the particular brand I like is far better than I could make myself.

      Anyway, I will continue to search out the little gems of Colorado.

      Delete

III - The Broadmoor 7 Falls - Our Walk Back

  Song:  Goodbye Blue Sky Group:  Pink Floyd This is the outside portion of the restaurant at the base of the falls. This is the pond with r...