Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Fall Colors - A Walk Around The Property

 


Song:  Another Park...Another Sunday

Group:  The Doobie Brothers


This morning I decided to take a short walk around the house to take
some fall colors shots.

My property extends beyond what I had walked...
but as I am not in shape enough to walk the full perimeter
of my property...
I elected to just go out a little ways.



I started out on the second deck and took a shot to the left of my home.


I then took a forward facing shot.

The front grove of Aspens are just now turning in color.


I then took a photo to the right towards the back.


I then walked behind my house towards the left side.


Just over this berm is where I take Bandi to use the bathroom.


There are many large rocks on the property...
which allows me to sit if I tire.


I just walked a little ways to the left...


and then turned around to take this photo of my home from the left side.
you can see the first and second floor decks here.


I walked out a little in front of my home.


It is in this clearing that deer often come.


Another grove of Aspens just in front of my home.


From the clearing...
I turned around to take this shot of my home.


A perfect seat...


...and I turned around to take this photo.


I then walked a little more to the right and took this shot.


I continued to the right and took this photo...


...and I turned around to take this photo of my home.

In this photo you may see all three decks clearly.


I walked more to the right to take this photo.



I turned around and took this photo.


I then walked more to the right...
and then started going up towards the road.






I made it up to the road...
whereupon I walked back towards my home.




I took this photo from my driveway.

And no...
that is not a well.

It is part of the decorum...
the old west style of the front yard.


Taken from my lower driveway.


I then started walking to the second deck to take some last shots from the second deck.










I then went inside and went up to the third floor loft and deck.

Bandi enjoys sitting in front of the third floor deck in front of the screen door.

She loves smelling the fresh air...
and feeling cooled by the gentle breeze.


A look forward and to the right of the house from the third floor deck.


Two bedroom loft windows...
behind and to the left of my computer station in the loft.



An octagonal window behind and to the right of my loft computer station.


And...
just to the right of my loft computer station...
my view out the front of the home.

You may see how the colors of the Aspens have deepened.

Everywhere all around my home...
the colors of fall are showing.

Pretty soon...
the leaves will fall...
and the first snows shall cover the pines.

It will be another beautiful show...
put on by nature.





2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the aspen are getting brighter. I especially like the contrast of the bright yellow leaves against the clear blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After taking these photos, many of the trees darkened in yellow. But, I am sure people got the idea. It was a nice walk around my home.

    ReplyDelete

III - The Broadmoor 7 Falls - Our Walk Back

  Song:  Goodbye Blue Sky Group:  Pink Floyd This is the outside portion of the restaurant at the base of the falls. This is the pond with r...