Monday, October 7, 2024

A Lake, a Park...and Eating Out.

 


Song:  Soul of the Sea

Group:  Heart


Yesterday...
my guest, Bandi, and I went to a local fishing lake...
just a short country drive north west of home.







I let Bandi stretch her legs for a while...
and we then proceeded to drive around the small lake...
stopping in a few places so Bandi could see more places.






As this was the first time Bandi saw wind driven waves lapping at a shore...
she wanted to leave the shoreline.




Bandi was satisfied with her outing...
and so...
we drove to a nearby town to eat at a delicious Mexican restaurant.


My guest ate a seafood meal...


...while I had a pretty standard fare combo plate...
but it was still good.


We then drove back and called it a day.





The next morning...
we drove to Colorado Springs to do some shopping...
restaurant exploring...
and then to a nearby park.

There was a small herd of cows crossing the road when I reached the bottom of the mountain.

Luckily...
only this last cow had to cross.


After doing some shopping...
we stopped in at a Nepalese restaurant for their lunch buffet.




It was all very good...
and very moderately priced.


We then drove through a park called...
Garden of the Gods.

It was like driving through a miniature state of Utah.










We stopped at a few places in the park.

This allowed Bandi to stretch her legs...
and to allow my guest to take some pictures.








Bandi is always ready to get back in the car.

She loves seeing places from the comfort of the car.



We soon drove out of the park...


and headed back home.


We may drive to another nearby attraction tomorrow...
but we are mostly just going to take it easy.

There is a nearby small park at which we may relax...
we may try there.






4 comments:

  1. Those meals looked tasty, especially the seafood dish at the Mexican restaurant. I never had Nepalese food.

    Garden of the Gods... "a miniature of the state of Utah"... ha! I love that description. We visited there about five years ago and thought it was pretty, but was very crowded when we went.

    I suggest that you and your guest take the drive up to the top of Pike's Peak. The view is spectacular at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had found out that there is a heavy Indian influence there. What we had eaten was almost all Indian food. Perhaps the owners were Indians from Nepal. Yes, Pikes Peak is on our next visit itinerary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bandi is loving her life. Be sure to check for tics often. I enjoy your blog. You have always been good about uploading your adventures and keeping them straight. My problem is that I often forget where I took certain photos or even to remember to take my camera out before I start eating. Some meals are so delicious and beautiful on the plate. I wish I had taken a picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bandi immediately took to home here. She geets excited whenever she sees me getting dressed...as she knows we are about to go somewhere in the car. She loves sticking her head out the window as we drive.

      I most often upload my pics onto the blog immediately when arriving home. I might forget details should I not.

      Delete

III - The Broadmoor 7 Falls - Our Walk Back

  Song:  Goodbye Blue Sky Group:  Pink Floyd This is the outside portion of the restaurant at the base of the falls. This is the pond with r...