Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Salt And Pepper Seafood Yakisoba / Mapo Tofu

 


Song:  I Need You

Group:  America


Yesterday...
my wife made a popular dish in Japan...
Salt and Pepper Seafood Yakisoba.


It had a very delicate flavor...
and I just love seafood.


This was the sauce she had used.


The second dish on the side of this carton shows the Yakisoba.


I had more Memmi avocados...
I just love avocados.


I had some fresh blueberries for dessert.

Both of us were still a little tired from our last trip...
as we had to climb over a lot of snow at the top of Pikes Peak.

------------------

Today...
my wife made Mapo Tofu
(a spicy Schezwan dish).


My wife modifies recipes she gets
(mostly from Japan YouTube)...
as she knows how I like my food.

They also sell special spice packets at most grocery stores...
as it will make it quick and easy...
but...
my wife likes cooking everything as much from scratch as possible.

She is an intuitive cook...
as she likes being creative in the kitchen...
and so...
she tastes as she goes...
and she likes using fresh ingredients.


This is the main sauce she used in the Mapo Tofu dish...
but there were many other ingredients as well.


Mapo Tofu is delicious...
as the spiciness is really flavorful.


Healthful salads was one of the major things I had not been eating before my wife arrived.

Now...
I have a good sized salad with each meal...
and I feel so much better eating one everyday.


The cucumber pickles my wife made
(she makes a fresh batch ever few days...
often different types).

These are especially delicious as she had used the below ingredients...
so it had a nice spicy kick to it...
and the Japanese cucumbers have a delicious crunch to them.

I have some of her pickles...
and some of mine...
with every meal.


She makes her pickles (Tsukemono)...
mostly by taste...
and so...
she doesn't just strictly follow a recipe.


As I was eating...
my wife began preparing a roast to cook...
for another dish she is planning.


My wife loves keeping her kitchen very clean.

After each meal she prepares...
and after she cleans the dishes and the sink area...
she thoroughly washes the stove and the surrounding area.

I have found this to be typical of Asian women...
they love to keep their house in order.

While I have always kept things tidy...
and I had always immediately cleaned up after myself...
my wife takes it to a whole new level.

---------------

As I had to wake early this morning...
we decided we would go into Colorado Springs tomorrow
to do some shopping (Bass Pro and Asian Market)...
besides...
my wife is doing some online shopping today...
as Amazon is having a sale right now
(she is buying herself something...
as I had bought a camera for myself).














No comments:

Post a Comment

Salt And Pepper Seafood Yakisoba / Mapo Tofu

  Song:  I Need You Group:  America Yesterday... my wife made a popular dish in Japan... Salt and Pepper Seafood Yakisoba. It had a very del...