Thursday, August 27, 2026

Moving In / Kimchi Stew Recipe


Song:  Oil Of Angels

Group:  Cocteau Twins




This is a belated picture of me gassing up on the way to pick up my younger sister 
at the airport...
on the same day as my wife's arrival.

I just liked this photo...
and so...
I included it.

Some five hours before I took this photo...
my wife and I had gone to eat at 'Rascally Rabbit'...
the subject of the previous article...
The Rings Reunited.

My wife was so tired that night...
that as I departed home to pick up my sister some five hours after my wife's arrival...
my wife just climbed onto the recliner and took a nap as I picked up my younger sister 
in Colorado Springs.

On the following day...
my wife contacted the movers to deliver her boxes from her previous address.

After that...
we all went grocery shopping.

The above car is the one we are keeping...
and we gave my little sister our second car...
the one my wife drove in her previous location.

It is the same make and model of our present car...
and on the following day...
my sister drove back home in the car we had given to her
(she actually got it to give to a granddaughter in need of a vehicle).



(My wife's bowl of stew)

All the rest of that day (yesterday)...
my wife spent unpacking...
and applying to different governmental agencies reporting her change of address.

As my wife was so tired...
I made kimchi stew for us to eat...
while she continued her unpacking.


(My first serving of stew with rice)


Again...
I am not one to be falsely modest
(although I am naturally modest and gentle by nature)...
and so...
when I say that my kimchi stew is excellent...
and so much better than from any Korean restaurant...
it is simply a fact  :)

My wife loves my kimchi stew...
as do I.

I had greatly modified the basic recipe
to make it far less garlicky...
much more rich in other flavors...
and more substantial by adding much more tofu (2x).

It hit the spot for the both of us
(see the recipe below).


1.5 cups of Kimchi

1 Tbsp Korean Red Chili peppers -  coarse ground

1 Tbsp Hondashi

2 Tbsp Beef Stock Powder

2 diced Tofu cakes

1 handful of diced green onions

Fill with water to just cover the top of ingredients 

Bring to a boil and remove from heat.

Ready to serve


This kimchi stew is so delicious...
and so quick and easy to make...
so delicious the following day after reheating in a microwave...
that no matter your ethnicity...
this stew will savored by everyone who tries it...
no matter where one lives in the world.

Trust me...
the taste is out of this world
(I am confident that even the people of Korea would be impressed).

--------------

For the rest of today...
my wife will continue unpacking...
and then she will do some online shopping.

After my wife settles in during the following few days...
we will finish up planning our Japan trip.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving In / Kimchi Stew Recipe

Song:  Oil Of Angels Group:  Cocteau Twins This is a belated picture of me gassing up on the way to pick up my younger sister  at the airpor...