Thursday, August 20, 2026

Rascally Rabbit - A Touch Of The Eclectic In Cripple Creek

 


Song:  Treat Me Well

Group:  Heart



I received more good news today...
and so...
I treated myself to one of my favorite restaurants in Cripple Creek...
'Rascally Rabbit'.

I not only love that they have a wonderful menu of mixed cultures
(as best as I can make out...various areas of the Mediterranean, mixed in with American)...
and that their prices are very reasonable...
but that they have excellent coffee drinks and desserts as well.




I usually get this large iced vanilla latte with my meals.


The Cubano


The Baller (meatball sandwich)


I had wanted to try two of their many sandwiches...
the Cubano (pulled pork and ham, melted cheese...with a delicious dipping broth)...
and a meatball sandwich (meatballs, melted cheese, pesto, marinara)...
both of which were served hot and so savory.

They were both just so good.

Each had their own unique flavors...
and the green salads were so delicious as well...
as the dressing had a wonderful mixture of being vinegary and sweet.


I finished off with an Affogato...
(espresso over vanilla ice cream).

Everything was just so delicious.


After eating...
I then drove the less than 15 minutes to my home.




---------------

Once again...
everything in life is just falling into place.

I take such great pleasure in living life.

And...
once again...
it is because that I recognize that life will eventually come to an end...
and so...
I savor life as do I savor great meals.

I greatly enjoy a variety of foods...
as do I greatly enjoy a variety of experiences in life. 

And...
I fully notice and revel in everything around me.

Each moment in time is unique...
and to not take in the beauty all around us...
is to miss out on the many beautiful experiences to be had in life.

The refreshing alpine country air...
the clouds...
the wildlife and the mountains...
are all the seasonings of our grand feast in life.

Walk through life with your eyes wide open...
and appreciate all of the great simple pleasures to be had...
for it is the difference between merely spending your life stuffing your gut with fast food...
just to kill your appetite...
and feasting on a variety of new tastes and grand meals with a ravenous appetite...
of which also feeds your soul.

------------

There comes a point in life when you must treat yourself well...
for if you had made the requisite sacrifices in life...
you will have deserved it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Rascally Rabbit - A Touch Of The Eclectic In Cripple Creek

  Song:  Treat Me Well Group:  Heart I received more good news today... and so... I treated myself to one of my favorite restaurants in Crip...