Saturday, October 10, 2026

A Couple Of Lazy Days

 


Song:  Willow's Song

Artist:  Aythis


For the past couple of days...
besides taking care of routine things...
I just relaxed...
as I must time certain outside maintenance activities to the weather.

I was going to waterproof the third deck...
but I need to have a couple of days of sun to ensure the wood is fully dried...
and then another couple of days of sun to ensure the waterproofing may fully dry.

Although the past few days have been sunny...
today, while mostly sunny...
there are a few clouds which may signal a possible small shower...
and so...
I must put off any maintenance until I am sure of completely dry conditions
for an extended period of time.


A couple of nights ago...
after supper...
I had various mochi cakes...
and a few chocolates for dessert...
and I then gathered some snacks to take down to the entertainment room...
so I could just eat while I watched a funny comedy series for the remainder of the night
(I usually do not snack...except when it is movie or show night :)









I took my snacks downstairs
(the drinks we have are just carbonated water...
with a hint of flavoring...
no sugars).


I had my snack table at the ready...
as I climbed underneath a comforter...
and then scooted up the snack tray to straddle my waist
to allow easy retrieval of my drink and snacks.


I had watched over six hours of one of my favorite comedy series...
'Mike and Molly'.

Even though the main characters are very talented and funny...
the pictured character...
Carl...
although he is a supporting character...
is my favorite character in the show.

His sense of comedic timing...
and his expressiveness...
not only physically...
but in intonation, comedic pausing, the rapidity and punctuation of his delivery...
and especially in his facial expressions...
all add up to pure comedy gold.

What also makes this series so funny is the writing...
and all of the cast's tremendous talent
(two of the female supporting actors...
Carl's grandmother...and Molly's sister...
are tremendous singers).

And even though I have seen this particular series many times...
each time I watch it...
it still makes me laugh
(this...and 'Frasier'...are my two favorite comedy series).


Yesterday...
I took my car to Woodland Park 
to have an oil change, a full inspection, and to have a wheel alignment and tire rotation.

As I had paid a one time fee for the life of my car (reasonable fee)...
to have free wheel rotation and alignment...
I get them done with each oil change
(during the inspection they noted that my rear brake pads are getting low...
and so...
for my next oil change...
I will instead take it into the dealer's shop in Colorado Springs...
to have the brake pads replaced).


As the complete job takes a little over an hour...
I just walked down the street to eat at a restaurant to pass the time.





While this particular Mexican restaurant WAS one of my favorites...
I won't be going back there anymore.

Their food used to be high quality...
but after tasting their steak and shrimp bowl...
I couldn't finish it.

The meat was filled with gristle and was over cooked
(which tells me they used the absolute cheapest meat...
which the poor quality of the cut could have been mitigated through proper trimming...
which further told me that management was operating under short term thinking...
because they must have also hired an unskilled cook).

But...
a new Mexican restaurant just opened up in the Safeway complex...
and as it looks promising...
I will try there the next time.


As I cut my meal short
(and yes...I told them in a note on the check...
about the poor quality of their food)...
I just walked back to the tire shop to await job completion.


One of the employees takes in his German Shepard to work...
and of which is very friendly...
and greets customers as they walk in.

I had petted her...
rubbed her chest and belly...
and she just lay down in front of me
(Colorado is a very dog friendly State).

I just read a community paper as I waited...
and shortly thereafter...
I got my car back and drove to pick up the mail on the way home.


I just got our mail from our mailbox ...
and then drove home to rest.


While I usually eat but once a day...
as I had not eaten much of my meal at the Mexican restaurant...
I ate supper that evening.

My wife had made beef sukiyaki and Japanese meat and potatoes.

I ate my fill...
and then relaxed in bed.

------------


This early afternoon...
my wife had made a roast beef salad
(my favorite salad)...


Natto...


and she carved up some smoked trout and salmon.

The meal was delicious. 


Earlier this morning...
Bandi went on her bathroom and small run.



The leaves are almost in full color.

Tomorrow...
I am thinking of driving my wife around the neighborhood...
along the long mountain run route she, Bandi, and I will take
for our once weekly mountain run / trike.

This way she can get an idea as to the pacing she will need to set...
in order to not tire out too early...
as there are many long inclines on the way back up our mountain ridge.

-------------

I will spend the rest of today...
researching various pieces of furniture for more places in our home...
and practicing the guitar some more.

And...
later tonight...
I will probably watch a movie in the entertainment room.

Yeah...
I am still feeling a little bit lazy  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Couple Of Lazy Days

  Song:  Willow's Song Artist:  Aythis For the past couple of days... besides taking care of routine things... I just relaxed... as I mu...