Wednesday, September 2, 2026

My Watch / Asian Shopping

 


Song:  Poor Side Of Town

Artist:  Johnny Rivers


I hadn't worn my watch for years as it is a special watch designed for certain militaries...
made extra rugged with a specially thick crystal to withstand impact...
extra rugged parts and casing...
and fully able to go down to 300 meters underwater.

As a result...
most watch shops where I used to live refused to change the battery
because they said it would be expensive as they had to put it in a special
pressure vessel to test it afterwards.

And so...
I just didn't wear it for years.

However...
as I no longer dive...
I just took it into Colorado Springs to have the battery changed.

It took a few minutes...
and cost but $15.00.





This watch has an extra large face and an extra thick casing.

As a result...
it is extra heavy...
but...
I much prefer to having something upon which I may depend in all circumstances...
than having a watch with which I must be careful.

Plus...
all I need is the time at a glance.

Sometime in the future...
I plan to install special tritium 100 capsules on the face and hands.

As they will last 20 years...
it should be a one time only installation.


After the watch shop...
my wife and I went to the Asian market...
mostly for veggies.


I didn't know there were different kinds of daikon.

They have white, green, and purple daikon.


My wife bought Japanese sweet potatoes.



As I just picked up Japanese sweet potatoes before...
I never noticed how many different types of fruit and veggies they had there...
many of which I had never before seen.


They also had giant avocados.




And...
they had a whole range of peppers.



On our way out of Colorado Springs.



On the way back...
we stopped in at Walmart for a few other items.


As my wife shopped...
I just waited in Subway.


I had a double bacon BLT...


...and I had hot honey beef nachos...
which, to my surprise...
were delicious.



-------------

As my wife is receiving many packages...
I stopped off at the post office on the way home.

She is still busy unpacking...
and I will be helping her putting together some of the furniture she bought online.

I will soon be shopping for a movie projector for the downstairs movie theater...
and I will probably get the screen online
(I am looking at 150" screens).

In a couple of weeks...
we are going to drive the Million Dollar Highway.

It is a few hours away...
but we will just make it a day trip filled with beautiful sights and Autumn colors.

----------

This morning...
we took Bandi to see the dog sitter we will be using when we go to Japan...
and so long as everything works out...
we will be using her for all of our overseas trips.

The sitter wanted to see Bandi before she fully committed to having her stay with her 
for three weeks.

Everything worked out well...
and the sitter is just 15 minutes away...
in a nice house on a couple of acres in the mountains.

She plans to take Bandi on nature walks.

Bandi immediately took to her...
and the sitter liked her as well.

Bandi is very gentle by nature...
so...
I knew there would be no problem.









No comments:

Post a Comment

My Watch / Asian Shopping

  Song:  Poor Side Of Town Artist:  Johnny Rivers I hadn't worn my watch for years as it is a special watch designed for certain militar...