Friday, August 28, 2026

More Delicious And Nutritious Food For The Future




Song:  Us And Them (cover)

Artists:  Cicero Maura (Bass Flute)
Tomaz Mota (Guitar)


Last night...
my wife made us large salads for supper.

I had chicken salad...
and my wife made herself a tofu and smoked salmon salad
(she is not so big on land meats...
but she loves fish).

It had been a long time since I had eaten a proper salad...
and it felt good to have a more healthful meal once again.

My wife makes very healthful meals...
as she incorporates a large amount of varied veggies and fish in most of her dishes.

She is always experimenting with other ethnic dishes...
but always only the most healthful ones.

I think my wife's cooking will add years to my life...
even with us eating out every so often.

My wife uses a whole variety of veggies in each salad.

For just my salad...
she used:

Chicken
Green leaf lettuce
Cucumbers
Cherry Tomatoes
Avocados
Cilantro
Radishes
Onions
Various Colored Peppers
and she often adds some nuts as well.



My wife's Smoked Salmon and Tofu salad.


This is one of the most delicious salad dressings I have ever had.

It was the first time I had this particular dressing.

Japan has so many innovative and tasty foods...
and as a whole...
it is my favorite ethnic food.

This dressing not only has a fresh citrus base...
but the hot pepper adds a delicious kick.

However...
it must be used far more sparingly than with American dressings...
as I had initially added too much.

My wife then traded some of her salad greens with mine...
to give me some fresh greens to dilute the dressing...
and to use them in her salad...
as she used the same dressing.

Before I had even tried the dressing...
I had also added a lot of black pepper...
and I had eaten it with my Rocky Mountain Reds...
and when it was all combined...
it felt as if my mouth were on fire.

That is when she traded some of her salad greens for mine.


My wife really likes my pickles...
Rocky Mountain Reds.


My pickles go so well with almost any meal...
and as we will be eating them so often...
I bought one gallon Mason Jars for my pickles...
and I will be making them in one gallon containers from now on.

---------------

This morning...
my wife made shrimp fried rice for me.

As my wife adds much more and varied flavors in her food...
I am sure my cravings for eating out so often will greatly decrease...
as I was getting tired of my own cooking.




Everything was just so good.

I already feel better with a much more varied diet...
especially with more veggies and unique flavors.

-----------

We still have much to do...
but...
we are handling it day by day.

Pretty soon...
we will start exploring other areas of Colorado...
and I will be sure to take many photos for this blog.

My wife is buying a new camera soon...
and I will be getting her old one...
as it takes excellent photos while still fitting in my shirt pocket.





 

2 comments:

  1. You spent years making healthy meals for Mama…. You deserve to have someone prepare them for you. Enjoy your new life in paradise…..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know my diet will change for the better...besides being much more flavorful. I am definitely looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

More Delicious And Nutritious Food For The Future

Song:  Us And Them (cover) Artists:  Cicero Maura (Bass Flute) Tomaz Mota (Guitar) Last night... my wife made us large salads for supper. I ...