Saturday, September 26, 2026

Bandi's Autumnal Equinox Long Mountain Run

 


Songs:  Sylvan Song / Dream Of The Archer

Group:  Heart


This morning...
my wife just took Bandi a short ways into the forest in front of our home...
for her bathroom ritual
(the forest is thinned out around our property...
for fire mitigation...
and it serves as a way to see in the distance for large animals...
so taking Bandi to her bathroom is safe in the daytime...
but I will be armed as I take Bandi out at night). 

Today was the Autumnal Equinox...
as the sun rose and set at 6:53 AM and PM.




Bandi just in front of our home.



Bandi loves the loft...
and especially the third deck.



My wife was on the computer as Bandi just relaxed on the third deck.

This is one of her favorite places to relax...
as she will just sit outside on the deck for hours.

-------



I am eating my one meal per day earlier in the day...
as I want my food to be fully digested by the time I trike at sunset.

This early afternoon...
my wife made me beef udon...
a veggie and fungi side dish...
and she had made wasabi cucumber tsukemono...
and she had made miso eggs for inclusion into the udon...
and those were my Rocky Reds (turnip pickles).

----------



This evening...
I took Bandi on a long mountain top run.

I will be mounting my shotgun loaded with bear slugs...
onto my trike for future runs.

This is mating season for moose...
and the males can become extremely aggressive.

As a male moose can get to be almost a ton in weight...
I don't want to have to rely on a handgun 
in case of an emergency against a large male moose...
even with a .357 or 10mm.

I will just have the handguns for around the home...
as I can just fire as I retreat into the home.

But out on the road...
as I am surrounded by forests...
I could become trapped...
and so...
only a shotgun loaded with hardened bear slug loads
can have any real chance of an immediate takedown of such a large creature.

I will take some pics of my mounted trike shotgun holster next time.



Bandi loves her mountain runs.








We took a longer route to the mountain top this time.









We arrived at home.

-----------

As I usually only exercise every other day at most...
I am drinking coffee as I am typing this...
as I plan to stay awake all night after I shower...
and just watch movies or dramas all night...
as I test out the entertainment room's sofa

(I will then get solid sleep throughout the day in my room...
as I have blackout blinds).

---------

My camera, lens, and accessories will arrive on Monday.

I will be testing it out by taking loads of photos...
starting out by walking around the property...
and then by driving around.







2 comments:

  1. Bandi is one happy pup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, as are my wife and I. Being up here naturally brings out the best in all who live here. Bandi loves home.

    ReplyDelete

Bandi's Autumnal Equinox Long Mountain Run

  Songs:  Sylvan Song / Dream Of The Archer Group:  Heart This morning... my wife just took Bandi a short ways into the forest in front of o...