Song: Evangeline
Group: Cocteau Twins
As this is the second and last article of this series...
the light blue line represents where the below photos start and end.
The dark blue line represents the previous article's photos.
It started getting too dark for the camera...
but at this point...
we still had 3.5 hours to go.
I hadn't felt like eating all day...
but when we stopped for our last stop for gas a couple of hours later...
I went into the all night gas market and picked up
a wizard finger (a hot dog which had been on the rotating grill too long)...
a smoked ham and cheese sandwich...
and a full fat (whole milk) chocolate milk...which was so good.
I just felt like a little something as I hadn't felt like eating all day.
Upon our arrival home...
we just all went to bed very tired.
----------------
As I was typing up this article this afternoon...
my wife made 5 pieces of grilled trout with salt and pepper.
Trout is my favorite fish of all.
Next time we go shopping...
we are going to buy all the trout they have.
I hadn't originally thought I was so hungry...
but after eating almost two of the original three pieces of trout...
I got the remaining two pieces.
I just LOVE grilled trout
(my wife used olive oil with a few slices of garlic to infuse the oil).
------------
Bandi has been sleeping all day long.
She was so tired.
But...
she is happy to be home.
--------------
We spent the day arranging delivery of items...
picking up mail...
and just resting.
I am still tired from yesterday's long trip.
I will just go to sleep early tonight.
--------
We are thinking of going up Pikes Peak at a later time.
Right now...
we don't wish to go anywhere.
This trip took so much out of us :)


















.jpeg)










































































That is a long day of driving! If you were to do it again, you could spend a night in Pagosa Springs and enjoy soaking in the hot springs instead of driving all the way back in one day.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had pretty good weather for the drive. The fall colors were good even if not at full peak.
When we drove the Million Dollar Highway, I found it hard to take pictures while driving. Did your wife not want to take pictures from the passenger seat? Good that there were places to turn off for Bandi as well as to take pictures.
Rest up!
Yes, too long of a drive...never again.
ReplyDeleteMy wife was initially trying to take pictures while I was driving...but she quickly became car sick when she did, so I just did it as I was driving.
I am still worn out from our trip, as is my wife...and Bandi.