Saturday, September 12, 2026

Home Theater Screen And Projector Installed

 


Song:  Journey To The Magical Kingdom

Group:  Future World Music



Earlier today...
I mounted the screen on the wall...
and calibrated the projector.


I had the projector table and the projector by the potbelly stove to keep them out of the way
while I drove in the mounting screws for the screen.

But I first had to take measurements and find the studs...
and then drill the preliminary holes in the studs before I drove in the screws.


I moved the screen out of the way before I took measurements.



I found the studs with no problem.

This particular stud finder is the best I had ever used.

Upon finding the middle of the stud...
it lit up.

After marking the middle of the stud on the wall...
I then measured down from the ceiling...
and where the two intersected...
I drilled and then drove in the first mounting screw.



I checked the level and proceeded to mark and drive in the final mounting screw...
after I had measured down from the ceiling to ensure an exact placement for it.



After having driven in the final screw...


...my wife helped me attach the screen onto the mounting screws
(I centered the screen off the wall speakers...
 not off the outlets).


My measurements were spot on...
so, the installment of the screen went without a hitch.


I then unpacked the projector.



I had at first...
put the projector onto a small stand.


The remote control for the projector.



The built in speakers were plenty loud.
 I had to turn it down when I had my wife look at the completed project earlier this night.



I first had the projector on the stand...
but it was too high to match the projection on the screen.


So...
I took it off the stand and placed it directly on the floor
(it has adjustable feet keeping the projector off the floor by over an inch...
which still allows adequate airflow underneath...
and I won't have to worry about knocking over the projector).

As it is an Ultra Short Throw projector...
it sits a little over one foot away from the front of the screen.


I tried out various streaming sources after registering the device to them...
as well as seeing how everything looked during the daytime.

Everything looked good...
but at night...
that is when the projector really shined.

After putting up some YouTube videos earlier this night...
I called my wife down to see how everything looked.


I sat on the floor about 10 feet away...
 and took photos of the resulting videos on the full screen.

The projection was crystal clear...
and the color saturation was superb.

I may hook up the Bose surround sound system I had gotten with the house...
 tomorrow...
but...
as for volume...
out of 100 steps in the volume control for the projector's speakers...
I had to turn it down to 25 as my wife thought anything above that level was too loud.



The video was violet...
as it was an artistic rendering of a beach sunset...
and so...
the colors were true to the video feed.





We now have to shop for some recliners.

My wife liked the view from across the room at the far wall.

I liked it best at about ten feet back.

And...
 as I was sitting on the floor when I took these photos...
sitting higher up in a recliner should really feel as if I were in a movie theater.

I am really looking forward to getting those seats for the guest room.

I already have the popcorn ready...
and I will stock up the guest room's mini fridge with my favorite drinks as well.

And...
whenever we have guests...
I will place the bed in front of the potbelly stove
so they can watch the screen from the comfort of bed.

---------

Another mini project down...
and many more to go.

We have so many more things to complete...
but...
just a little at a time.

My wife is still worn out from unpacking and arranging things to her liking.

And...
as always...
I only operate on Toller Time...
for I am the King of Camelot  :)








2 comments:

  1. Wow! I think the technology matches the room perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and when we fit out the room with the appropriate furniture, it will be uber inviting and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Home Theater Screen And Projector Installed

  Song:  Journey To The Magical Kingdom Group:  Future World Music Earlier today... I mounted the screen on the wall... and calibrated the p...